Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Night Rider

I was listening to an interview and live performance with Dan Wilson tonight on my way home from work (on my favorite radio station in the world, WFUV) and it reminded me just how much I love to drive at night, with the windows down and the music blasting! His acoustic guitar was reminding me how I have yet to fulfill my desire to learn to play this instrument. I've got to get moving on that!!

I also discovered that one of my favorite songs, Easy Silence, that I thought was solely a Dixie Chicks song was actually co-written by Dan Wilson and the Chicks. This song is available on both of their albums, with each artist performing their own version. Watch both below and decide for yourself which you prefer.





Can you tell that I've learned how to blog with hyper-links and embedded videos recently?! Learning new stuff is cool!

So to wrap it up... life is good because of night driving, warm breezes, the existence of acoustic guitars and the people who can play them, and beautiful songs that make you cry while you're driving home from work.

No comments: